Clams with Cherry Tomatoes [RECIPE]
Be Fit Basics: Clams with Cherry Tomatoes
Adapted from Cooking Light
2 tbsp olive oil
1 pint cherry tomatoes
2 garlic cloves (minced)
¼ cup dry white wine
2 pounds littleneck clams, rinsed and scrubbed under water to remove any grit
1 large lemon, sliced into thin rounds
½ cup chopped fresh parsley
8 baguette slices (about 1 inch thick)
Yield: 4 servings
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil on medium heat and add the cherry tomatoes; sauté until lightly browned, stirring the tomatoes occasionally (about 5 minutes).
- Add the garlic, wine, clams, and half the lemon slices. Stir to combine all ingredients; cover and cook for 5-10 minutes (until all the shells open).
- Discard any unopened shells. Sprinkle with parsley and remaining lemon slices. Serve with bread slices.
- When purchasing clams, keep the bag with the clams open, as closing it will suffocate them. (Be sure to refrigerate them as soon as you get home.)
- Before cooking, discard any clams with open shells.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING:
CALORIES: 290 calories
PROTEIN: 13 g
SODIUM: 500 mg
CARBOHYDRATE: 39 g
FIBER: 3 g
FAT: 8 g
SAT FAT: 1 g