Walk your way to a fitter you!
Taking a walk is an easy way to incorporate exercise into even the busiest lifestyle.
Tips for Success
- Start slowly! Once you establish a goal, determine how many minutes you’ll need to walk each day to achieve it. Thirty minutes can be walked all at once, or broken into three 10-minute sessions. Find what works for you.
- Build up gradually. As 15 minutes gets easier, start walking further and longer.
- Encourage participation. Get your co-workers, friends and family to walk with you; it’s even easier with a buddy.
Benefits of Walking
- Reduces the risk developing high blood pressure, some cancers and diabetes.
- May help reduce blood pressure in some people with hypertension.
- Helps maintain healthy bones, muscles, and joints.
- May improve your mood and increase feelings of well-being.
- Helps control weight, develop lean muscle, and reduce body fat.
- Provides the opportunity to be outside in your community with your co-workers, family and neighbors.
Don’t forget to share some photos from your walks on our Facebook and Twitter pages!